Grandouet undergoes leg operation
Leading Champion Hurdle hope Grandouet is undergoing surgery on his near-hind leg.
Owner Simon Munir confirmed the five-year-old was to have an operation on Tuesday evening for the injury that came to light over the weekend.
Grandouet, trained by Nicky Henderson, was to have had a prep run for next month's Stan James-sponsored race at Cheltenham in the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton on Saturday.
However, he was withdrawn from the race at the 24-hour final declaration stage after having banged his leg in his box on Thursday night.
Connections hope to know more today about the horse's chances of still being able to take his chance in the Champion Hurdle.
Grandouet has been around an 8-1 chance for the feature on March 13 after staking his claim with victory in the International Hurdle at Cheltenham on his latest start in December.
- Bobs worth his weight in GoldFestival form so often proves paramount and there are no better equipped horses for one week in March than Bobs Worth as he emerged triumphant in a reliably thrilling Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- Alderwood does it againAlderwood followed up his success in the Country Hurdle of 12 months ago with victory in the Johnny Henderson Grand Annual to give Ireland a record number of winners at Cheltenham 2013.
- Salubrious first for NichollsPaul Nicholls had to wait until the penultimate race of the whole meeting but Salubrious got the champion trainer off the mark at Cheltenham in the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle.
- Salsify snatches dramatic FoxhunterSalsify was a dramatic winner of the CGA Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup at Cheltenham after Oscar Delta unseated Jane Mangan when leading on the run-in.
- Bobs worth his weight in GoldBobs Worth justified 11/4 favouritism in the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- Mullins hails Champs performanceBetfred Cheltenham Gold Cup runner-up Sir Des Champs could make his next appearance at the Punchestown Festival.
- MORE >>