Frankie Dettori appeal hearing set for Tuesday morning

Rider currently due to miss the King George and Goodwood

  • Wednesday 18 July
  • News
Up to £30 in free bets

Frankie Dettori will have his appeal against the 10-day ban he incurred at Newmarket last week heard at 9.30am on Tuesday.

The Italian finished second aboard Angel’s Hideaway in the Duchess of Cambridge Stakes, but was suspended after the stewards found him guilty of careless riding.

He was adjudged to have allowed his mount to shift right without sufficient correction in the Group Two heat, with Main Edition and La Pelosa among those suffering interference in behind.

Dettori was “devastated” on being told of the suspension which currently rules him out of the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes and the whole of the Qatar Goodwood Festival, where he counts Stradivarius and Without Parole among his likely mounts.

He is due to be out of action from July 27 to August 5 inclusive.

Paul Struthers, chief executive of the Professional Jockeys Association, said earlier this week the appeal would be against “both finding and penalty”.

Up to £100 in Bet Credits
Up to £30 in free bets
Get £20 in free bets
Bet £10, Get £40
Up to £30 in free bets
Up to £30 in free bets
Up to £40 in free bets
Up to £30 in free bets & 30 free spins
Up to £50 in free bets
Free matched bet up to £50

Existing User?

Forgot your password?

New User?

Sign up using our simple one-page form and you'll be able to access free video form, tips and exclusive content straight away.