Arc contender Slalom ruled out for the season

Grand Prix de Paris runner-up has met with setback

  • Sunday 08 September
  • News
£20 Risk Free First Bet

Slalom, a close second to Japan in the Grand Prix de Paris, has been ruled out for the rest of the season.

Andre Fabre had been planning on taking the three-year-old back to ParisLongchamp for a crack at Enable in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.

Given Japan has subsequently beaten Crystal Ocean in the Juddmonte International at York he would have been well worth his place in the line-up.

However, he is now on the sidelines.

Fabre said: “Slalom has had a setback, unfortunately.

“Sadly he’ll be out for the rest of the season. It’s a shame, I was expecting some big races from him.”

No final decision has yet been made over whether the unbeaten Earthlight will have his final start of the season in Britain.

Following his victory in a very strong renewal of the Prix Morny at Deauville, Fabre intimated he would like to run in the Darley Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket next month, sponsored by his owner, Sheikh Mohammed.

“We haven’t fully decided yet, we’re waiting to see what happens with a few others,” said Fabre.

Arc contender Slalom ruled out for the season
Sign up to bet365 using bonus code ATR100
Up to £30 in free bets
Get £20 in free bets
£20 Risk Free First Bet
Up to £30 in free bets
Up to £30 in free bets
Up to £50 in bonus funds
Up to £30 in free bets & 30 free spins
Up to £25 in free bets
£20 Free Exchange Bet

Existing User?

Forgot your password?

New User?

Sign up using our simple one-page form and you'll be able to access free video form, tips and exclusive content straight away.