Michael Dods will hang fire before mapping out plans for sprinter Dakota Gold.
The six-year-old was a dual Listed winner last term and also placed at Group Three level having progressed from handicap company to a closing mark of 110.
The Palace House Stakes, which is pencilled in to be run on either May 30 or 31 under the British Horseracing Authority’s “best-case scenario” planning for the resumption of racing following the coronavirus shutdown, could be a possible target.
However, Dods will wait until he sees the revised programme of action before making any firm decisions.
He said: “We’re waiting to see the programme, but he does like a bit of cut in the ground.
“There’s the Palace House so we will probably take a look at that – we’ll have to wait and see what races there are.”
Dods has another useful sprinting recruit to look forward to this term with Good Vibes, who was sold for 390,000 guineas last December, now in his team.
The three-year-old was a Listed and Group Three winner for David Evans last year before being snapped up by Qatar Racing.
Dods said: “I’ve not spoken to (racing manager) David Redvers or his team and again we will have to see the programme.
“We could look at the Palace House with her too, but we might look for a three-year-old only race.”
The handler has been employing the recommended hygiene and distancing measures at his County Durham yard.
He added: “We’ve been very careful with disinfecting, washing our hands and maintaining the social distancing.
“We’re lucky in that we’re outside and we’ve been able to continue working and training the horses.
“Everyone has stayed safe and once the Government decides it is safe, we can go back to racing.”