(13) DA VINCI B.R. was far too keen when favourite here on his French debut last month - being disqualified in the first stride. Since then Jean-Michel Bazire's charge has shown his class at Lyon-La Soie and can double up in what is today's Quinte. Like the selection (5) READY RIBB has good form in Scandinavia while (7) CHAMPION DORE is proven at this venue. (6) THOR DI GIRIFALCO and (8) FURIOUS FRANCIS are possibilities to sneak into the minor honours.
(13) GLORIOUS STORM has been there or thereabouts in all three runs so far and can lose her maiden tag this time. (12) GANALIE beat three of these when fourth on her first outing at this track on January 28. (1) GARANCE DE HOERDT caught the eye during qualification and should give a good account of herself on debut.
The first ridden race on the card is very open. Both (13) EDITION MAZA and (15) ELMA BRADOR are running barefoot for the first time this year. The former just gets the vote based on her third at Cherbourg in harness last time. (14) EXCELLE STAR - who was third here last month - has the best recent ridden form on this track.
(9) DESTIN D'HAUFOR is expected to reverse February 3 placings with (4) DJANGO DES ILES - who was gifted a clear passage through a pile-up that the former had to manoeuvre around. Christian Bigeon's charge probably has most to fear from the Belgian-raider (1) GIOVANNI BIANCO who is on a run of four victories. (12) DON SALLUSTE was in great form last backend and should figure if fully wound-up.
(11) CESAR DE VRIE beat five of these when winning with consumnate ease on January 18. In a race where he is very near the earnings ceiling Eric Raffin's mount should be able to win again if putting in another clear round. (8) CLASSIC HAUFOR - who boasts six wins in harness - is an interesting recruit while (10) BYRH GEDE was runner-up here when last seen in mid-October.
Many with chances in this heat for four-year-old fillies. The suggestion is the hattrick-seeking (8) FLORA DU POMMEREUX who rises in class again. She faces stiff opposition in the shape of (9) FRANCE VOIRONS who has already been placed at this level. Like the selection (4) FILLE DU CHENE is after a three-timer but takes a bigger hike in grade.
(7) DINO VOLO accounted for four of these when fourth here on January 21. However with four disqualifications from his last five runs he is a risky proposition. (5) DAX GEDE is a much safer bet to get round and should finish on the podium. (9) DEFI DE LA BASLE - who won in harness last November - races under the saddle for the first time in 24 months.
The Jean-Michel Bazire-trained (10) FOXTROT NOBLESS is unbeaten from four runs and bids to complete a nap hand on return from a three-month break. (12) FIRST DESTIN came out best of the three of these who ran here on January 14 while (15) FIDELE ROYAL could play a part at the business end if putting his best foot forward.